Friday, January 10, 2014

03/2014: In the Cathedral

I did not really make any New Year's resolutions (who keeps them anyway?), but one goal was to try new things that scared me a little. I came to the quite obvious conclusion that this is not as hard as it sometimes seems.


I always wanted to try a cathedral window block, and this morning I thought "It's now or never". I used this clever tutorial, and it's almost easy as pie. I guess Nike got it right all those years ago: just do it!

I'm linking this small finish up with TGIFF and crazy mom quilts!


8 comments:

  1. Wirklich toll geworden. Ich hab so eins auch schon zweimal genäht. Ein Nadelkissen eindrucksvoll in Szene setzen. Die Stoffe sind auch toll gewählt.
    LG
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das ist eine tolle Idee!!
    Das muss ich auch mal testen :) Danke für den Tipp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for trying something new! It's adorable, Kerstin. I love the bold choices of fabrics you used. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super! Ja, meist fragt man sich hinterher, wieso man nicht schon eher...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! That is such a great new years resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!!! Thank you so much for trying the tutorial!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I've been afraid of these too but yours looks fabulous. I may have to try that tutorial.

    ReplyDelete